Thank You: Friends of Reflector

As always, we want to thank our many Friends of Reflector for their support.  Our goal is to provide regular news on Community Happenings...

Key Facts About Israel

Flag The colors blue and white were chosen according to the colors of the ‘Tallit’ – the Jewish prayer shawl. The Star of David appearing...

Hadassah Book Group happenings

Join the Hadassah Book Group on May 23 at 7 p.m. to discuss the book The Rose Code by Kate Quinn. The New York...

Brian’s Blog – Final Thoughts

The Richmond and Utah contingents on the trip won the prize for earliest flights out of Warsaw. The reward was a 3:30am wake-up call....

Brian’s Blog – Humanitarian Aid Center

Fifteen minutes away from the border is the humanitarian aid center. It looks like a Lowe’s or Home Depot building. It is bustling, even...

Brian’s Blog – A Visit to the Medyka Border

It’s hard to believe that none of this stuff existed 6 weeks ago. There are organizations from all over the world in tents giving...

Brian’s Blog – On To the Border

Good morning USA! While you were sleeping, we began the trek to the Ukraine border. We’re a little more than halfway there at the...

Brian’s Blog – “I’m not coping. I’m doing.”

Here's my quick take-away from Day 1. There are logistics and organization needed to get things done, there are analyses of how well things...

Brian’s Blog – Day 1 – Continued

I'm back in the hotel now; it's 3:30pm in Richmond but 9pm in Warsaw and I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night,...

Brian’s Blog – Day 1 in Warsaw

The afternoon started off busy and got busier. I’m not going to be able to properly explain all I’m witnessing. The sheer logistical, monetary,...