Hadassah Book Group happenings

Join the Hadassah Book Group on May 23 at 7 p.m. to discuss the book The Rose Code by Kate Quinn. The New York...

Brian’s Blog – Final Thoughts

The Richmond and Utah contingents on the trip won the prize for earliest flights out of Warsaw. The reward was a 3:30am wake-up call....

Brian’s Blog – Humanitarian Aid Center

Fifteen minutes away from the border is the humanitarian aid center. It looks like a Lowe’s or Home Depot building. It is bustling, even...

Brian’s Blog – A Visit to the Medyka Border

It’s hard to believe that none of this stuff existed 6 weeks ago. There are organizations from all over the world in tents giving...

Brian’s Blog – On To the Border

Good morning USA! While you were sleeping, we began the trek to the Ukraine border. We’re a little more than halfway there at the...

Brian’s Blog – “I’m not coping. I’m doing.”

Here's my quick take-away from Day 1. There are logistics and organization needed to get things done, there are analyses of how well things...

Brian’s Blog – Day 1 – Continued

I'm back in the hotel now; it's 3:30pm in Richmond but 9pm in Warsaw and I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night,...

Brian’s Blog – Day 1 in Warsaw

The afternoon started off busy and got busier. I’m not going to be able to properly explain all I’m witnessing. The sheer logistical, monetary,...

Brian’s Blog – Fast Facts From High Above

We’re about halfway to Paris at the moment, flying at a brisk 597 mph at 38,000 feet. I don’t know about you, but just...

Brian’s Blog – The Journey Begins

We’ve made it to Dulles, thanks to a large van and our driver Marcelle weaving us through some I-95 traffic. We’re at our gate...