Looking to bring a taste of Israel into your home?
There is no better way to do so than host one of our two Shlichim (Israeli Camp Counselors) for part of the summer!
The Shlichim are joining us to share their Israeli culture, knowledge and spirit with Camp Hilbert this summer. The Shlichim are mature, educated young Israelis who have completed army or national service and are experienced in the areas of formal and informal education as counselors, teachers, youth or childcare workers.
Since we are a day camp, we do not have housing available for these young adults. We are asking you, our camp families, if you are interested in hosting one of our Shlichim for a 2 to 3-week period this summer.
All Shlichim go through a rigorous interview process along with a 4-day training seminar to prepare them for life in the U.S. All Shlichim speak English well and are very excited about spending the summer at camp and with your family!
If you are interested in hosting a Shaliach or both for a part of the summer, please call or email Allison Snyder, JCC COO, (804) 545-8643 or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss further.
Important host family requirements:
- Provide a private room
- Provide transportation to and from the Center Monday- Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Provide 3 meals a day Monday thru Friday
- Can help do general chores although they are not hired help, babysitters, etc.
- Are to be provided a set of house keys
- Should be given a reasonable curfew
- Host families will receive a discount for Camp Hilbert camp fees for campers the weeks they are hosting a Shaliach, cannot be combined with financial assistance. If you do not have a Camp Hilbert camper, we will offer a $100 grocery gift card for each week you host.
For more information, please contact Allison Snyder, COO at email@example.com