The Richmond Jewish Coalition for Literacy (RJCL) will resume engagement with Richmond Public Schools in early 2022.
While we are awaiting our return to mentoring, RJCL is excited to assist RPS through limited contact with a book drive (see Book Wish List), books (to be assigned) recorded for classrooms and collections of items to support teachers (see the list that follows) during the continuation of challenging circumstances.
For more information about any of these initiatives, please contact Sara Rosenbaum at email@example.com.
Book Wish List – New Books can be obtained by the donor and delivered to Sara Rosenbaum at the the Federation. Financial donations are also accepted.
- Magic Tree House, Mary Pope Osborne (Any book from the series)
- Rumple Buttercup, Matthew Gray Gubler
- The Heart and the Bottle, Oliver Jeffers
- EllRay Jakes, Sally Warner, (Any book from the series)
- Jada Jones, Kelly Starling Lyons, (Any book from the series)
- I am Human: A Book of Empathy, Susan Verde
- Jabari Jumps, Gia Cornwall
- Wonder, R.J. Palacio
9, Junie B. Jones, Barbara Park (Any book from the series)
- Carmela Full of Wishes, Matt de la Pena
Items to support teacher in the classroom to include:
- Hand lotion • Fresh masks
- Snacks • Disinfectant Wipes
- Chap Stick • Keurig Cups