The Weinstein JCC Camp Team has been busy planning for an amazing summer, just 4 months away!
To provide the safest experience possible, staff have been working closely with the Virginia Department of Health to ensure all camp programs, staff and campers are following protocols and guidelines for the Best. Summer. EVER.
This summer’s safety measures include:
- Every day, campers and staff will be asked a series of health-related questions at arrival.
- Temperatures will be taken with touchless thermometer and those with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to attend camp.
- Individuals displaying any of the following symptoms, fatigue, cough, sore throat, congestion or a runny nose, shortness of breath, headache, nausea or vomiting or who look visibly ill will not be allowed to attend camp.
- We will be operating camp in pods or “families” during the
camp day and even during transportation! Campers will remain in their pod all day and there will be no intermingling between the pods.
- Campers and staff will be required to wear a face mask during transportation to and from camp and while in any indoor spaces. (Ages 5 and Up)
- Camp will be cleaned using CDC/EPA approved cleaning supplies thoroughly and on a regular basis, following CDC guidelines and recommendations. High touch areas such as our buses, vans, bathrooms, light switches, doorknobs, tables, chairs, and playground and sports equipment will be cleaned/sanitized frequently throughout the camp day.
- Handwashing and hand sanitizing will be completed after transitions and encouraged throughout the camp day.
Continue to Adapt
Camp staff will continue to adapt and add to this list, in whatever capacity is necessary to provide the most comfortable camp setting possible for all who attend this summer’s Weinstein JCC Day Camps.
Spots are filling up fast in all camp program areas! Find out all the details, view the 2021 Summer Camp Magazine and get your camper signed up today at weinsteinjcc.org.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to reach out to Missy Bunce, Director of Youth, Family, Camping and Support Services at email@example.com.
The Weinstein JCC is supported, in part, by a generous annual contribution, programming grants and COVID-19 Crisis Relief Funds from the Jewish Community Federation of Richmond.